| Date/Time | Description | Amount | Net Cash Balance | ||||||||
| 02/28/2011 09:31:37 | Bought 100 CQB @ 16.76 | -1,685.99 | --- | ||||||||
| 02/28/2011 09:34:12 | Bought 12 CQB Mar 19 2011 18.0 Call @ 0.69 | -846.99 | --- | ||||||||
| 02/28/2011 09:40:24 | Bought 300 CQB @ 17.15 | -5,154.99 | --- | ||||||||
| 02/28/2011 09:46:29 | Bought 7 CQB Apr 16 2011 19.0 Call @ 0.65 | -470.24 | --- | ||||||||
| 02/28/2011 09:49:15 | Bought 7 CQB Apr 16 2011 18.0 Call @ 1.09 | -778.24 | --- | ||||||||
| 03/01/2011 11:30:05 | Bought 9 CQB Mar 19 2011 15.0 Put @ 0.45 | -421.74 | --- | ||||||||
| 03/02/2011 16:37:38 | Sold 200 CQB @ 14.82 | 2,953.95 | --- |
So this is my analysis of this trade as I recounted it to KTA:
Sent at 4:20 PM on Wednesday
as expected
bad numbers
at least on the surface
i learned quite a few lessons::
1) I didn't check the other sources, and do additional research. I checked S@ just now, and apparently some big trader dropped close to 450k puting huge amounts of April 16 puts!
I SHOULD HAVE checked S@ as well as a few other sources.
2) I chased the stock when I was trying to get in.
3) I didn't buy puts at the same time, should I should have.
4) I should have lightened up 50% or so, when FDP numbers came out. By the the thesis was already 50% dead.
5) My technicals were right. Volume and price do NOT lie. I didn't obey them well enough.
Especially for volatility-prone stocks like
high flyers momentum stocks
or
these known volatile food producers
8) I didn't keep the size small enough! NO MONEY MANAGEMENT!
9) I am overtrading! After my excitement at SLV trade and talking to Kevin and Melody, I am overtrading a bit too much.
10) NEED TO KEEP STOPS. DO it tonight.
11) STOP using MARGIN!
8) I didn't keep the size small enough! NO MONEY MANAGEMENT!
9) I am overtrading! After my excitement at SLV trade and talking to Kevin and Melody, I am overtrading a bit too much.
10) NEED TO KEEP STOPS. DO it tonight.
11) STOP using MARGIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment